Power Window Question

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark Bentley

Reaction score
I never checked this I guess when I bought my 2005 STA but the drivers side rear door window will not go down. Neither the back door switch or the one on the drivers panel will lower it. Could it be a fuse?

Any suggestions?

Thanks for the help.

Mark

Not a fuse. the windows work off the same fuse. Most likely wireing or the main module or the motor.

Try pushing it with your hands while some one holds the button, BUT BE CAREFUL.... it may NOT GO BACK up.... several members have slammed the door hard and got the window to work..

Todd Z

Ford Power window motors wear the amature end shims out from repeated use then the armature moves till it makes the brushes run in a dirty path which will make the motor stop.

A good wack on the door panel or slam the door while holding the switch will usually make it go.. but not for long, you need a new motor or rebuild the one you have...

I have a similar issue, but tapping on the drivers main switch seems to free it up. Mine will go down with the master switch but won't go up without the tapping trick. the rear switch works part of the time. Another post showed this as a common issue so I tried it and it works fine. (after replacing the rear switch which it did not need) I think there is a loose connection in the harness on the master switch. tap the master switch area of the armress firmly. not so hard it hurts your fingers but pretty firm and see if that helps you out.

Here is a little trick to help you out in figuring out the issue. Turn the key on with the engine off and turn the headlights on. Now turn the domelight on. Now try to raise or lower the window in question while watching the domelight. If the domelight dims everytime you operate the window switch you have a bad window motor.

Latest posts