Power windows stopped working

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seth Krusich

Reaction score
I have an 04 Adrenaline and yesterday afternoon I went to roll up my back windows and found that none of the windows would move from the switches on my driver's side door panel. I tried the doors individually and still nothing. The sunroof and back window work fine so it must be isolated to that driver's side panel. I took apart the wiring harness and cleaned the contact points and put it back together and after some fiddling I got the back windows to go up but that was it...right back to none of the windows moving. In the past month there have been a few times where I've gone to roll up a window and nothing will happen but after rocking the switch back and forth a few times it would then work.

Has anyone had this issue and, if so, what did you do? Anyone else have any ideas as to what I need to do to get this taken care of? Any pointers would be very welcome. Thanks!

There's a square 30 amp fuse in the fuse box under the hood that's probably blown. I had the same problem and that was the problem. I have a habit of closing and opening more than one window at a time and doing so blows the fuse over time.

Thanks so much guys. I'll probably check the fuse first, since that would be the easiest fix, and then check for the broken wire if the fuse isn't blown. Much appreciated!

Well, it's definitely not a fuse so I'm going to pursue this wire. Can either of you tell me where exactly it's located and the best way to get to it? Thanks again.

Latest posts