Powered Speakers no Sub?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jacob Dryer

Reaction score
Has anyone added an amp to just the door speakers? I'm thinking of getting 4 good 5 1/4 for all the doors and powering them with about 50 watts rms each. Running them all off a good headunit, but not having a sub.

Does anyone have something similar or had something in another vehicle... does it sound ok? I would like good bass but nothing rediculous or competition worthy.

I'm doing okay with just 4 Pioneer TS-A6880R 6" x 8" 4-Way Speakers and the Kenwood Excelon KDC-X979.

Bass is good enough to make me debate whether or not to get a sub.

Last edited by a moderator:
You didn't mention what type speakers you're looking at getting (if you're at that stage yet). Some tend to run "tinny" or "bright", just be sure to listen to them in the store first. I went with Polk DB570s myself and running a 50x4 amp to them ... sound fantastic. Oh, I also have a 8" RF sub behind the seat. Recommend just going with the front speakers and a sub, unless you have people riding in the back a lot. Will save you some money and audiophiles say it gives you better soundstage.

Latest posts