Powerrtrax for ST 2003 2W/D open diff

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jose Ayala

Reaction score
Hi all.

I searched this web site and found out different measurements associated to the chaft or pinion on the 4x2 differential.

Does any one knows the correct shaft measurement for the Powertrax no slip knowing I have an ST 2003 4.10 gear per door label, and only missing measurement?

I got from Richmond the Powertrax ending on part number 3128 and this one did not fit my ST. It is for a split differential and mine was open case.

I called Rocky Road Outfitters and the gave me the RMS number to return this one but per Charlie, only part number available for Explorer Sport Trac is the one ending on 3108 but this one is the 3/4 chaft.

any help will be appreciated.

Jose

Powertrax and Aussie are the same thing, they all install the same way. Also Aussie only makes them for open diffs.

I ordered mine from Summit racing and the price match another website (which I forgot). There are only 2 types for the ST open or limited slip.

I will go and look at my box and get the part number. My ST has the limited slip diff.

Chad

Thanks Chad, please let me know since if you have the split differential, mine is open house so I will know which part number does not fit.

Jose

PowerTrax does make one for the Ford open differential. Here is Devin Underbergs project. He did not give the part # though..

Pardon my lack of knowledge, but how do I know I have a Gen 1 or Gen 2 ST?

Mine is an ST 2003 xlt, 4x2.

Thanks.

Gen 1 is an informal way of describing the 2001-2005 ST, while Gen 2 would be the 2007+ models (not to be confused with Job 1 and Job 2).

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is the link for the AussieLocker ... I put this in my Trac back in July ... for open differential only (mine also has the 4.10 gears) .... goes in just like in the project. Powertrax & Aussie are almost identical for a reason ... check the FAQ's on their site & will explain all.

Haven't had the opportunity in the snow yet, but in gravel, dirt/light mud & grassy areas, it is noticable ...

Last edited by a moderator:
The last 4 digits in the part number for a Powetrax L/S locker is 3128. If you have an open diff go with the Aussie, because you will save alot of $$$$.

Hope this helps,

Chad