pressure monitor

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paul Howard

Reaction score
Went to Sam's Club to inquire about getting new tires for my 2005 Adrenalin. The girl gave me a price that included a $20.00 charge because my tires have pressure monitoring. I told her I didn't have pressure monitoring and she told me I did and didn't know it. There is no icon upon starting that would indicate this.

She priced Mitchlin X-radial LT for $627.79 Is that a good price and I would appreciate any comments about these tires and my "pressure monitoring".

Thanks

TPMS wasn't standard until 2007.

And on a side note, why would they charge extra?

Last edited by a moderator:
It takes a little more time and a lot more patience with a vehicle with a TPMS. Have to be careful not to damage the sensor. Plus have to make sure they "re-sync" with the vehicle properly.

Actually, the Ford TPMS sensors are held onto the wheels at the center with bands. Not in the valve stems.

Same procedure as usual. And if the vehicle is off when you do it, no need to retrain, either.

Paul,

She is the one that doesn't know what she is talking about....

your 05 does NOT have them...

Ask for a manager there and tell him that they lost a sale because the sales person is an idiot....

Your choice to see if the discount the sale or just leave and go somewhere else..

Todd Z

Latest posts