price and engine choice

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
have an '01 and wanting an '07 while rebate/financing is available - what is best price and honest opinion about V6 vs V8 power and MPG - wanting LTD with moonroof, power rear window, elec pkg, convenience pkg, side canopy air bag, 6CD, 2 tone leather, tonneau

If you are going to do any towing at all, then I would opt for the V8. It is only about $1800 more than the V6 price, I think,,,,,,,,Mark

youll probably spend the same amount just trying to get it to sound like a V8 like most on this site. So my vote is V8

The V8 is SO WORTH IT in sound quality. Performance boost is very nice. The V8 helps the Trac feel so much more smoother and refined.

There is nothing wrong with the V6, but there is really no advantage to having the V6 because the gas mileage is nearly the same.

as much as I don't need the v8 if I get a new one, I would get the v8.....

Todd Z

I have the v8 2007 ST and a 98 v6 Explorer and the ST doesn't pull my boat up the hills in AZ any faster; the gearing in the v8 is is to high. Even running it with over drive off I can't feel the extra 60 or so HP. I have a Bama tune ordered maybe that will help.

Bill

I also have a 07 V8 ST and a 98 V6 4.0 SOHC Explorer and when I tow my trailer with the V8, it's night and day better than the V6. Haven't had to disengage the OD much, probably don't drive as many steep hills. /Brad

my 01 blew a head gasket at 90K, so I worry there may be something inherently wrong with that engine; however, the loaded 07 I'm looking at has the V6

Latest posts