Problem with high beams - FIXED

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Try the fuse....I know sounds simple but I had the same issue. There is a fuse for the high and a fuse for the low IIRC.

Depends which way you move the lever !!!

IF you pull it to you (Temporary high beams) all 4 should stay on and fogs go out....

IF you push it to LOCK the high beams on the low beams and fogs are supposed to go out !!

IF you have no high beams at all then you have something wrong...

Todd Z

Are you still running that relay system? You might want to start there first.

Mine is working flawless.

Tom

Roger, more fuses than you think, but only one for high beams. BUT I would suggest that it is the multifunction switch. I'll send you the diagnostics if you like, they're short & simple.

The low beams are inoperative

Battery junction box (BJB) fuses:

38 (10A).

42 (10A).

Circuitry.

Multifunction switch.

The high beams are inoperative

Central junction box (CJB) fuse 33 (15A).

Circuitry.

Multifunction switch.

Steve,

The #33 (15A) fuse is good. Although the possibility of the Multifunction Switch being bad does exist; I feel that it might be a ground or something because I had the hood repainted under warrenty, and now the pistons on the hood won't hold it up to check for a ground issue. So, I have a couple of issues to talk to the shop about that repainted the hood and fenders.

Pleae go ahead and send me the diagnostics anyway.

Thank You.

All you need to do is unhook one side and plug in the OE harness. if the light works, you know what your problem is.

It should take 1/2 as long as it took you to check the fuses.

Tom

I have a bad relay. Here's what I need or equivelent. I have not been able to find, so any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Shey Joung

804-1A-C1

coil 12V DC

30 AMP 12V DC

I will post a pic if necessary because it has to have a connection for the wiring harness.

Tom,

There is an easier way. Hold your finger on the relay while someone else turns on the high beam. My son & I could feel one relay working, but not the other. Hence our conclusion that I have a bad relay.

Paul,

I got your text, and both of those are the wrong one. Sorry, I should have let you know.

Latest posts