Problem With New Gen II Sport Trac

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carol Kelley

Reaction score
My new 09 Limited has developed a little problem. Sometimes (of course) when we come to a stop, the engine will rev up to over 5000 RPMs and we have to drop it into neutral to get it to go back down. (I mean the rear tires want to spin). It's acting like somebody is stomping on the gas and break at the same time.

It's at the dealer now, and of course the computer readout and vehicle health report came up with nothing.

Has anyone else had this and if so, how was it solved??!!

Thanks,

Carol

Sounds like a Bad throttle Body.....

Todd Z

As silly as this may sound, i want to share an experience. I have two pairs of logging boots, I normally where the light weight ones, one day i wore my "big boots" i mean they weigh around 10 lbs a piece. they are a hefty pair of boots, I can barely get in and out of the trac with them on I wear a size thirteen. I have notice sometimes i will be pressing the brake and the gas at the same time! Talk about scary. I cant explain the neutral thing but i know of the boot pressing both petals at the same time. good luck in finding your fix.

A"flight recorder" would record the problem and code when it happens whie driving,. However I would not want to take the risk driving with this problem.

I do have problem of hitting accelerator and brake at same time with my '07 Trac.

Big feet and shoes is my problem same as j.vocaty describes.

Good luck and be safe, Bill

The Ford dealer seems to think it's stepping on both pedals at the same time. It has only happened when DH was driving, never happened to me and his shoes are much bigger than mine. I've seen it happen, but couldn't see what his foot was doing when it happened

They're gonna keep it a couple more days and keep driving it to see if they can recreate the problem, we'll see.