Problems with Sears and shocks!!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Anybody else go to sears and try to get them to price match advance auto parts? After calling to confirm that they'd price match, which they said they would, I went and got a printed out quote from Advance Auto parts...upon bringing it to sears I was met by a manager to give me the bad news that they can't, will not and don't price match for shocks, the guy that told me they would was apparently new!! I asked if price matching was corporate policy and he said yes but only on tires! I even quoted him the that one of our members had just done the same thing in which his response that hey must've wanted the sale more than him!?! Needless to say but I argued with him for a few minutes only to leave with no shocks, and pissed off....anybody feel like venting with me?!:angry:

That's funny, their website doesn't say anything about only matching tires. I think some manager is all high and mighty about himself.

Mike

Talk to the manager again and ask for the corporate office number to confirm and/or complain about the price-matching.

If they are only going to match the price, then why not just get them from Advance Auto and stop doing business with Sears Auto. Sears has had a very bad reputation over the years for doing substandard work and applying the hard sell to get people to buy things they don't need. I would never have Sears touch my vehicle. Forget about the "principle of the thing" and forget about Sears.

Its the price match...which saves about $18/shock and the free install...unfortunately i'm on a tight monetary and time budget right now otherwise I'd be happy to buy them from advance and do a home install!! With out a lift it could def. take awhile!

Just got off the phone with sears...official statement is that shocks can be price matched but they can deny price matching because it would be in conjunction with another sale (i.e. the free installation)...so I guess pick whatever would be cheaper or do it yourself...looks like I'm going to be setting aside an afternoon soon! Thanks for the input nonetheless...and good luck to anyone thats will to fight with sears!!:D

Sears blanket corp policy is they will price match anything, but reserve the right to refuse to price match if the competitor is not a national chain or if the competitor's offer is a liquidation sale or other such limited offer (or more simply put, you have to show a legit national seller who actually has the product at the price you want beat). Andy is right, too, that they can deny the price match if in conjunction with some other offer...meaning you might have to have them drop the free installation to honor the price.

TJR

Too bad you don't live by me hell I'd do them for ya just for the fun of it I did mine about 1,000 miles ago and had a blast doing it all i would ask is for some cool refreshment :)

Latest posts