Progress so far.

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Bought my trac a little less then a year ago. So far ive pulled the motor to do timing and gaskets. Replace all suspension and brakes minus leaf springs. Installed 3 inch suspension lift and 3 inch body lift. Installed remote start. Upgraded audio and a few other things. So far so good. Happy with the truck so far. Just wanted to share the progress.
20230321_123328.jpg

Attachments

• 20230322_211926.jpg
    20230322_211926.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • 20230220_050513.jpg
    20230220_050513.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 0
Looking good, real good !!! 2004 ?
Like that HoodScoop.
Best to note basic specs: Year+Model \ Engin \ Trans \ 2WD or 4WD \... in your Threads+Avatar+Profile.

Looking good, real good !!! 2004 ?
Like that HoodScoop.
Best to note basic specs: Year+Model \ Engin \ Trans \ 2WD or 4WD \... in your Threads+Avatar+Profile.
Ive been looking at that same hood. I think it would look killer with a cobra r center section fiberglassed on!

Yeah thats about what they were on lmperformance when i was looking.

Yeah thats actually where I bought mine from. If I had to do again though I probably wouldn't have bought it. Latch and hinge areas on the hood always worry me. If I am in a rush and let the hood open on its own I always hear the fiberglass stress cracking and that crap worries me..

I had wondered about that myself. I had a 6" extended cowl hood made of fiberglass on my 93 fox hatch. But never had to worry about that as it was pin on only. No hinges nor latch to stress it. Fiberglass hoods need to be built with either a steel or aluminum frame then just skin them with glass. Either that or they need to be much thicker with a fiberglass frame. Years ago i helped my cousin who owned a body shop, and our specialty was fiberglass repair on semi truck hoods. Cant tell you how many t800 and w900 kenworth hoods we fixed.i wonder if you installed a lower pound rate hood strut if that would help.

Remove latch and detach the hood struts.....

It's available through amerihood. Think it was around $700ish
That HoodScoop looks real sporty,
but $700 looks so much better in my wallet; just can't swallow that price.

That HoodScoop looks real sporty,
but $700 looks so much better in my wallet; just can't swallow that price.

Dont get an F150..... lol... its all Tripple the price !!

Bought my trac a little less then a year ago. So far ive pulled the motor to do timing and gaskets. Replace all suspension and brakes minus leaf springs. Installed 3 inch suspension lift and 3 inch body lift. Installed remote start. Upgraded audio and a few other things. So far so good. Happy with the truck so far. Just wanted to share the progress.

I have a ton of questions. Can you tell me which body and suspension lifts you went with? What size are those tires? What audio upgrade did you do? Brand of remote start? Any issues since then? Is there any concern about CV joints with your 3" suspension lift? Is that a stock bed cap?

Latest posts