Pulled the seat - dog vomit

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have a new puppy that I'm trying to get used to riding in the ST. He isn't used to riding yet, but I'm getting used to the smell of dog puke.

I've been taking him to the American river only about 3 miles from our house. Usually he just drools a lot, but the last two days he lost his (dog) cookies. This last time between the front passenger seat and console. I tried various methods of getting it out, but finally resorted to pulling the seat and doing a full on cleanup.

Any helpful hints on dog carsickness?

Austin

I had the same problem with one service dog.

No food just prior to going for a ride and no treats .Give water liberally once you arrive at the destination.

Shoirter rides to the corner park and back,

Make every trip fun and successful.

Try putting towels over the rear windows so he can't see out, its the movement that is upsetting him/her.

If those fail................keep trying to get him used to the rides but fold down the rear seat and put his kennel in there, He will feel safe in his kennel and it easier to collect his refunds.

Be patient and kind, it will stop.

Gerry Mac

My dog used to do this. It took about two years for her to grow all the way out of it. Basically the vet believes most dog sickness is because they are nervous. Try small steps, just getting in the car and then out. Sitting in the car for a few minute. Going up and down the driveway, then around the block, etc. I tried it with my dog and it helped, the smaller 1/2 - 1 mile trips are really what helped the most.

I have much experience traveling with dogs. Best options are:

1. Seat cover.

2. A Nilla wafer before he gets in the car.

3. 1/4 to 1/2 a Dramamine pill depending on what he weighs. This is better for longer trips because he will most likely go to sleep.

And yeah, if you can, don't feed him for a few hours before he gets in the car or truck. This won't necessarily keep him from puking but he'll puke less.

[Broken External Image]:

Since we both have experience with getting sick in the Sport Trac, we can tell you that it is nervousness. In our case, it's how our human drives. Fortunately, he's got a mat in back that we sit on that he can pull out and hose off when the unfortunate happens...

[Broken External Image]: