Q re: gray interior paint

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David Griffith 2

Reaction score
I saw a post some time back about a guy who painted his pillar with a "wrinkled" grey paint that matches the plastic pieces. I'm asking because I'm about to do a gauge cluster on the pillar, I want to paint it to match the interior.

Hey Chet, if ur out there. What year ranger pod fits on the ST?

Thanks in advance guys.

Dave...I'm not sure what years it was listed for. It came from an ebay seller named Tire-n-Parts. Dallas (BigD) has the same one Imthink..he might be able to shead some light as to the Ranger models. I think this link goes to the same one. The Ebay item number for the auction I won was 8038274722, but there's no active link to it anymore. The seller still might have a record of it using that number or my Ebay username Chetter321.

Like I said, I really think the link is the same one....good luck.

You might also want to check out the projects on this site...there's a really nice pod project as well as many others. Sorry about no direct link...I can't do more than one per message.

http://www.explorerstreet.com/

Last edited by a moderator:
The model number fo rthe gauge pos is an autometer #15308.

I would recommend mounting it then getting it upholstered. I originally did the wrinkle paint and was sorely disappointed by the outcome so I have a buddy that does a little upholstery work in his spare time and he did this for me.

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

That does look good Dallas. I think I will go the upholstery route when I take mine down to install the new gauges. Did he upholster the whole A pillar piece to the end above the door? That's the only thing that bothers me for some reason is the way that piece ends. All I need is to find the right extremely bright orange...lol[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator: