Quad ATV

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Unholy ST

Reaction score
Hello,

I am looking at buying a 4-wheeler/atv/quad, whatever you call them in your region of NA. Currently I'm leaning towards the Polaris Sportsman. All I'm looking for is something to boot around on with my wife (on the back) in the trails around our cabin. I don't care if it goes gut wrenchingly fast or if I can take it through crazy terain. Any advice?

Actually, any ATV will work. I know some have a preferance to a make but if all you are looking to do is ride around and not get all crazy, here is what my family has, 2 Yamaha Kodiacs (1 4x4 all time and 1 part-time 4x4) and a Polaris Scrambler. I like the Scrambler for "dicking" around on and the Yamaha's for just "trailing". Look around and get something YOU like. It'll be better in the long run.;)

my suggestion to you would be a Yamaha Wolverine 450. the best feature is the 4X4 on the fly. meaning if you realize you might need it you can just hit a button and "wa la" its in 4X4. whatever you do if you get the polaris do not break anything. you will find out quick that it is uber expensive to fix them.

I'm not bias or anything but anything from HONDA will work. :) Honda:lol: Honda!:p did I mention that Hondas are AWESOME!!...

Seriously I have always had very good luck with their stuff and my buddys have too, our bikes are ridden as they were intended and not babied. keep the oil and filters changed/cleaned and they will run forever.:cool:

I have rode a few different brands getting into my job sites, I agree with Makin Trax, I really like the Hondas. If I were to buy one I would get a Honda 400.

Last edited by a moderator:
My next door neighbor does ATV maintanance for the local vineyards. He has a fleet of Polaris quads... Why?

Because the vineyards GIVE them to him after they get tired of fixing them. He prefers Honda and Yamaha but they don't break.

Bill

If you're looking for Quality, Reliability, and Longevity, then Honda is the only way to go. I own 3 Honda's now, and have owned a total of 5 over the years. My 1st 1992 Honda Accord had 235,000 and then it got totaled out, so what did I do, went and bought another one just like it. I'm telling you from experience that if you're looking for a Quad that will perform without constantly having to be in for repairs, then you can't go wrong with any of the Honda models. I currently own a 2005 Honda CBR1000RR, 2002 Honda 400EX(Quad) and my 2nd 1992 Honda Accord. Will not trade them for the world, unless I decide to buy the 2007 Honda CBR1000RR:D

I have an '05 Honda Rancher AT 400cc (full automatic or ESP (electronic shift with buttons up and down & either 2wd or 4wd on the fly with a switch). Got it as a left over for a good price. These things hold their value getting a used one is very hard and you will pay almost as much as new. My friend has a 2002 Honda Rubicon 500cc Auto/ESP full time 4wd. It is awesome and going strong.

Can go wrong with a Honda.

Repairs are expensive on all ATV's, but with a Honda there will be alot less of them.

Fits in the '01 to '05 ST's and fits even better in the '07 ST.

Rubicon 500cc over 500 lbs

[Broken External Image]: