qucik need help with airbox silencer!!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andy Szkutak

Reaction score
ok,. i got the heasdlight out and the airbox lid and filte rout...i see the silencer i think, but i cAant get the wall between the box and back of the headlight out. suposedily theres 3 screws, but i only see one, and the bottom of the divider wall is still blocked by the silencer...help me please!

tyhanks

andy

ok, i got the divider out i cant get the silencer to fit though the whole. there are little plastic notches on the silencer tube that i cant get through the hole....sopmeone please help me

thanks

andyt

I didn't take the headlight out. All I did was take the airbox right out. It wasn't that easy, but I didn't have to take everything apart either.

Mike

You can try to pull the whole airbox out, I did remove the headlight and it was a PITA to remove the silencer.

Some have recommended to cut it with a saw...

i took the headlight out and i only found one screw in the wall the is another part to the left of the wall that u just pull out. It is a pain to get the out from the hose but once you do that it is easy. just pull and twist on the silencer and it will come out. Then put the wall back ina dn the filter back in and it will sound a lot louder. Just be patient honestly the hardest part was for me, is that the damn screw wouldn't come out i ended almopst braking it.

Brian

ah thanks everyone. i managed to pry the silencer out through the hole somehow lol..it has a deeper exhaust tone now, and i think quicker response, plus that sweet whistle.

thanks

andy

If i can remember correctly remove the long screws from the bottom of the airbox then pull real hard and it will pop out then you can easily remove the silenced, stick the box back in and reinstall.

Latest posts