Question about compatibility

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Craig Childs

Reaction score
I have an '05 Trac, and it just so happens that K&N doesn't specifically make an FIPK or any other type of intake for my model year. I have asked a couple guys on Cardomain who own an '05 and have bought the FIPK for the '04 model year and installed it on their trucks about how the intake works and all that. Now, they said it works alright, but I would really like some more opinions (or maybe even a testimonial) about whether or not the intake for the '04 year will work on my '05 before I shell out that amount of money.

I have done my homework on this, and I have found a very detailed installation guide for the intake with many detailed pictures, and it seems like everything on my '05 did not really change much, if at all, from the '04 year. And, to me anyway, it seems like the installation would work, but nonetheless, I would really like to know about any help anyone might have for me. Thanks in advance guys.

Yes they will work...

May want to also consider a "TRUE" cold air intake.

www.zabteck.com

Todd Z