question about door panels

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jake Levin

Reaction score
After looking at some pics of the interior of an '03, I noticed the door panels are different. It appears the map pocket on these doors has a spot at the front for a drink holder. Am I correct and can I replace the door panel on my '02 with one from an '03? I have used 1 of the drink holders in the center console for my ipod holder so it would be nice to get the passenger side holder back

Ford changed the panels, As of now i don't think any one has done the swap..

I know it has been discussed....

The only issue is the door speaker mounting and location...

Other than that it should work....

Come over and we will try to switch ours .... ;);)

Todd Z

I'll have to wait till its warmer out so we can paint my headlights too! thinking about it, when I installed my speakers I glued the crossovers to the inside of the door panel, now I'm thinking that wasn't such a good idea :blink:

I glued the crossovers to the inside of the door panel, now I'm thinking that wasn't such a good idea

DOH !!!! :eek::eek::wacko::wacko:

No cup holders on driver's door on 01's and 02's, then added to 03's, then removed again for 04's??? I have an 04 and don't have a cup holder on my door. Really strange that the 03's got an exclusive design (if this is indeed the fact). I'd like to do the swap.

Anyone got pics???

Last edited by a moderator:
Yup, my 03 had the cupholder in front of the map pocket as well. Sorry, no pics.

I just spied an 03 on ebay and the driver's door panel doesn't have a cup holder like we do on the passenger's side.

Latest posts