Question for the TT-Shackle guys

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shawn Rivest

Reaction score
Good day all,

I had a little issue over the weekend where I had 2 flat tires - with one spare... So I had to get a nice new set of tires pretty well right away. I ended up going with the Hankook Dynapro ATM in a LT265/75R16. they look great, but unfortunately I do have a small amount of rubbing....

So, I plan to do the TT-Shackle lift. I don't have ready access to a supplier of the Shackles, so if one of you fine gents could post the measurements of the Warrior 153 Shackles, I will go to a local fabrication shop and have a set whipped out.

I thank you in advance for your assistance, and have yourselves a great week.

Shawn

I don't know the measurements right off hand but I bought mine from Tellico, others have bought there's from Desert Rat.

:banana::haveabeer::driving:

I think when I built mine I went an inch for every half inch of lift. I took them off when I did my body lift and they are at the house. It will be a couple of days till I could get the measurements. I built them out of stainless.

SHAWN,

i wanna congratulate you for getting a set of Hankooks DynaPro ATM.

they are amazing tires i will tell you that. i bought mine about 6k miles ago back in july

and i have fallen in love with them, they perform so good. i have gotten so many compliments on the sidewall design. i actually purchased the 265/70/16s and i must say i dont really experience any rubbing, but i have seen a spot on my say bar that appears to be rubbing from the tires when locked.

When I ordered my shackles from Desert Rat a couple of months ago it only took 3 days ground shipping to get them up north in Washington state. It was hard to put them on just :cry: because the manufacturer makes them look so pretty :kiss_it: . Bolts and lock nuts included. Dave :boohoo:

Thanks for the replies gentlemen....

I'm lucky enough that they're not rubbing the anything metal - but the tap the plastic inner fenders on the front while turning, and they touch the inner fender (plastic again) in the rear. I'm going to do a little trimming while I'm waiting for either a set of Warrior shackles, or having some fabbed.

I'll have to look into the Desert Rat suggestion - The biggest issue I have with ordering a set is the wait. By the time they clear customs, then get bungled around between USPS and Canada Post I'll be lucky to have them by December. I think the best case scenario (time wise) would be to have a set fabricated locally.

I'll post an update on how the tires perform once I get a few miles on them - I'm 8 hours north of Toronto, so I get some fantastic inclement weather to test tires out (that, and I'm out in the woods hunting rather often)...

Thanks again,

Shawn

TheShawn, you can ziptie the inner fenders back away from the tires. That's what I did when mine was still riding stock height, I think I did cut alittle bit of the cladding off behind the front tire and then ziptied the inner fender back. You could also order some 1-1.25" wheel spacers to solve the problem as well.

:banana:

on my 04 I had 275/70/16 with little rubbing, the plastic trim was trimmed and Done.. problem solved..

Todd Z

Or... use the redneck method and leave them that way. The tires will make their own space in the plastic inner fender!:banana: