Question for Todd Z

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I notice your mpg when you posted a Thank You to everyone who attended the Louisville meet. My question is what do you most attribute to getting 25 mpg at 80 mph? And, have you seen better mpg a lower speeds? Thank You. I did read your list of mods in your profile.

Has to be the mods, and Tuning from Bama chips, and I also maintenance the heck out of it, Royal purple in everything, Fuel filter every 20K.....ECT...

Nothing "special" done to the motor everything is listed in the mods you read...

I dont think the bored TB and hand "massaged upper intake" do any thing on a stock internal motor...

Don't know, but ask SAL and Gary D last time, they needed gas, I still had plenty...

AND this time home ask Vic V, He needed gas 4 times and every time I still had plenty to go...

AND I also checked my speedo with 2 GPS's and it was dead on......

Todd Z

I don't think so, I know the truck runs smoother with the wires and coil, But I don't think it is HP maker or MPG maker....

It obviously all ads up But I never spent the time testing the coil or wires, and I never check my MPG other then highway long trips....

Todd Z

I figure that anything that makes the engine run smoother & quieter has got to be good. ;) The first thing that helped the engine run smoother & quieter was putting Royal Purple in the engine; and the second was getting the drive shaft harmonically balanced with new U-joints.

Latest posts