questions about National meet...

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Raser x

Reaction score
He Guy and Gals,

We are definately going to the National meet in June.

Unfortunately, it also falls on the same weekend as the AWA 2nd annual Ohio River Freedom Ride. The river ride is a Jetski owners get together that travels from Louisville, KY to Big Bone Lick, KY. There is a cookout scheduled in Carrolton, Ky.

Fortunately, The ride is on saturday. So we can have fun with all the TRAC'rs on friday. I'm just wondering what the event schedule looks like for Friday vs Saturday. What are we gonna miss? And Who are we gonna miss? Are there Hotel discounts for the group a reccomended Hotel? We will be staying overnight friday.

Are there any age limits as we have a soon to one year old to shuffle around. Not to mention a teenage girl and 10 year old boy. SInce I have never been to an event like this I just need some more specific info.....Damit man I need answers...:p

Can't wait to see all the cool ST's I have been reading about....

Though I might jump in and direct you to my travel site. Competitive pricing on travel and vacations etc... through the book travel now link. Also learn how you can save/make money while you travel. Also linked in my profile.:)

RazerX,

The National Sport Trac Meet in Louisville, KY is both Friday and Saturday.

On Friday Ford typically schedules a morning and afternoon tours of the Assembly Plant. Ford also typically sponsors a lunch and dinner for the attendees.

On Saturday, the www.mysporttrac.com members and other Sport Trac enthusiast will caravan all the ST's to Huber's Family Farm about 15 miles north of Louisville in Indiana. There we will have the Show & Shine,swap & sell, games for adults and kids and a terriffic lunch and unlimited softdrinks, coffee, ice tea, and lemonade, etc The facilities include a large section of parking lot sectioned off for our group, a large air conditioned banquet room with plenty of tables and chairs and outside they usually set up an inflateable Moon Walk for the kids.

Most of the people who cannot come for both days usually attend the Saturday event rather than the Friday events, but that is probably has more to do with their ability (or lack of) getting off work on Friday. :rolleyes:

...Rich

Todd,

Games and events are in Rich L hands. I know he is planning it, and I have heard it is a fun game..

Todd Z

Todd,

What are the costs for the activities? Are accomodations a problem? How about pet friendly accomodations. Is Huber's FAmily Farm pet friendly. I have my retired service dog and I am loathe to travel without her. Please let me know, I can likely book the tiime and would love to meet you.

Gerry

Will Any vendors be at the meet? Like Maybe Wfoy and his magic machine?

Hey kevin,

The ride is open to all jetski's.:lol:There are supposed to be 200:eek: ski's leaving from Big Bone Lick Marina. The more the merrier.

They are also supposed to be giving away a brand new Seadoo 3D as a door prize. There is a cookout planned for the half way mark and some manufacturers are supposed to have some demo craft available to test ride.

here is a link to the ride site.

Gerry,

Email Rich L for the farm question, I don't see why not. He his handling the communications with the farm..

As far as the hotel, you can stay at ANY hotel you want. Chris P is working on a block discount with local hotels.. Can try to contact him about the pet friendly stuff...

Racer, Hopefully there will be a handful or so. I know Wayne is making plans to be there..

Todd Z

We should have a full complement of vendors attend this years Louisville meet, but formal invitations and confirmations of the entire agenda is not complete yet.

I believe Hotel accomodations are being made with the Signature Inn, where most people stayed for the last two Louisville meets.

I have been negotiating with Huber Family Farms for the Saturday events. Huber Farms is where we also held the last two Louisville meets and we got a very favorable response.

They are Pet Friendly, but dogs should be kept on a leash and under control at all times. They do have a large pond with geese and ducks walking about freely. The geese have nipped at guest, but I doubt that they want animals attacking their geese or ducks. We had a little chuahua puppy with us the last time and we kept him on a leash or in a pet carrier. We were even permitted to bring the dog inside while we ate, as long as the dog was kept away from the food service area.

As for the M&M game. I;m hoping that David (ST'erriffic) will be able to attend this year and I would like him to run the game. However if he cannot make it, and there are not other volunteers, I will do it. I already have 100 sets of chopsticks and I am working with Masterfoods Corp who have taken over the local M&M Mars candy factory. I'm hoping they will provide the M&M's for the game and some candy packs for kids prizes.

I'm hoping that gas prices don't get too crazy that it prevents a lot of the people from attending just because of the high cost of fuel.

...Rich

In '04 there was some major problems with the signature inn, and Rich Stern will probably not stay there again. I strongly urge that we find a different place to stay. Look up (search) on the comments after the '04 Louiville meet. We also need a pet friendly place for Sydney to stay.

Rodger,

Yes, the Signature Inn had a problem that weekend. It appears that the hotel underwent a management change, and some/most of the staff quit. I know that there was an issue of some people not receiving maid service for several days of their stay and may not want to stay there. personally don't think we will see another managment crisis at the Signature Inn. That was an incident that occurred nearly two years ago, and not likely to repeat itself.

Rich Stern has never indicated that he would not stay there again, and I don't know if that is true. We stayed at that Signature Inn the year before and I think everyone enjoyed their stay and had no problem that I am aware of.

We stayed at the Holiday Inn for the first Louisville meet, which is across Fern Valley Road from the Signature Inn. The Holiday in was under rennovation and many rooms had problems with the airconditioning units, and the temperatures were well into the 90's. Many people complained about the Holiday Inn and said they would never go back there again.

I'm sure the rennovations at the Holiday Inn are completed after 4 years, but I don't know if they got all their AC units fixed???

Anyway, I passed that information on to Chris and he did the search and selection for the hotel. He found the best deal at the Signature Inn, and they said they would hold 50 or more rooms open for us. Many people in the past have gone to other hotels/motels because of cost. Or some brought campers and stayed at campsites in the area. Others who tried to register late, had to go to other hotels because all the rooms where booked already.

The Louisville meet planning committe are planning another conference call within 2 weeks where we will hash out all details and try to come up with a concrete agenda. So far, the only thing that appears to be contrete now is where and when: Louisville, KY on June 9-10, 2006.

...Rich

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts