Radiator is shot.

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

My radiator decided to spill all of it's coolant today. Looks like it lost it's sealing around where the aluminum end is attached to the composite portion. I only bought this earlier this year from radiator.com.

Should I buy from these again? I think a radiator should last at least a few years, unless it's being overheated repeatedly.

Previously I've had no cooling issues whatsoever. Temp gauge always between 1/4-1/2 everything fine.

Is this just coincidence or not a good quality radiator?:cry:

If there is some warranty through Radiator.com then I would work with them. Otherwise, I'd shop somewhere else. I bought OEM when I replaced mine last year after more than 90k miles.

most radiator warehouses tend to buy the absolute cheapest around and good luck on a warranty issue. your local parts store will be a few $'s higher, but the peice of mind and ease of warranty make it well worth it.

The shop that I moved to a few years ago used a local radiator shop that sold radiators cheap and carried a lifetime warranty. After installing the 2nd one I said enough is enough and told the parts guy we don't get radiators from them anymore, the fit was horrible and both radiators leaked at the trans cooler from the get go. Now I get the rep stopping by every 2 months or so wondering why we don't use them anymnore...

I had a VW Rabbit (bought it for my daughter) that had a radiator leak where the plastic tank attached to the aluminum core. I bought a new radiator, but the VW manual said you could remove the clamping ring that held the plastic tank to the radiator core, replace the large O-ring seal and gave the exact measurements to set the jaws on a set of vise-grips used to pinch down on the segments of the clamping ring that secured the tank to the core.

The new radiator I bought was cheap and worked fine.

You might want to check with a radiator rebuilding shop to see if they can just replace the tank-to-core seal, or perhaps replace the plastic tank if it is cracked.

...Rich

Im cheap. The last 3 radiators I have bought were from Auto Zone. Price was good and they lasted until I sold the cars. Not sure of the milage they lasted. Years' wise was no less than 7. The fit was perfect. Cant complain.

LOL, I use 1800 radiator like crazy, DIRT cheep...LOL, But honestly if I ever needed one I would get a ACdelco or Modine....

Todd Z

x2 on the parts store comment. Moments like this question the value of saving a few bucks buying online. It's nice to have the piece of mind of knowing who to go see when a part fails. Work with radiator.com, hopefully they make good on a warranty.

Latest posts