radio bezel

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bart Adkins

Reaction score
I want to paint my radio bezel. I took out the 2 screws that hold it in, but when I wiggle it, it looks like the radio has to come out first. How the heck do you get the stereo out? What about the heat vents? I don't want to just start pulling and brake something. Thanks in advance for your help.

they sell a tool to get the radio out its fairly cheap, or you can cut a thick wire hanger into 4 pieces and slide them into the 4 holes

Bart....dont waste your money on the tool. easier to take the radio and bezel out together.

you have to unplug everything on the back side though. and the heat vents just clip into plastic tabs. after the bezel comes out with the radio...on the sides of the radio are to metal spring clips push them in and the radio will slide forward and out. it is easier and faster this way trust me ive done it.

dont have better pic but basically this is what you will have after the radio and bezel are out,

if you need better pics let me know and i will get them for you.

paul h

[Broken External Image]:

Adam, just pull on the ventilation switches to remove them. The other switches don't need to come off to remove the bezel. You have to depress a small latch on each connector so they'll come out. I just swapped out my OEM head unit today for another. It's definitely easier to just remove the bezel than to find and use those tools.

basically like what dale (kefguy) said all the switches in back of the bezel have plugs just unclip and it all comes out. plus there is no way to screw up putting plugs back in they are all different. you can even leave the knobs in. dont need to take off. i actually unscrewed the 4x4 switch off the radio bezel because the plug would not come out. my logic was 3 screws are alot easier then replacing clip or sodering wires back together. you know.

any more questions email me.

Paul H

Paul and kef,

I ask because I picked up a new bezel for the OEM-look fog light switch. I will have to transfer all the switches from the old bezel to the new, plus add the fog light switch waiting for me at the dealer. So, I definitely need to remove the entire switch assemblies from the bezel. :)

Are all the individual switches attached to the bezel with screws, then? And with respect to the 4x4 and rear window switches, do the knobs just pop off, counter-clockwise screw off, etc? And, how does the radio antenna wire disconnect? I had the radio out when I installed the AUX-in, but I did not need to disconnect the antenna wire.

I'm trying to be ready for the install so it will only take an hour or so, and not me running back to the computer, posting questions, waiting, and then continuing. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Individual swithces are held on with screws.

Knobs just pop off, 4x4 was a little tough but it does come off.

Antena wire just unplugs out of the back of the radio.

That should be easy enough to do good luck with it.

Paul H:D:D