Radio Bezel

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Woppy V

Reaction score
Chris and I both had the same problem with painting our radio bezel. When our paint hit the surface its pretty much had a crystalizing effect. Sooo.. What should have been a quick 20 min project had a couple overtimes instead. I wish I had taken a picture to show you how awful this thing looked at first... But moving along, after sanding the sucker down with a 100 grit sand paper (can't remember exactly) for 20 minutes I had a nice array of scratch marks. So I went at it again with a 1000 grit... Spent about 30 mins to smooth her down. Used some left over Adhension Promoter from my cladding paint job and then about 7-10 coats of black spray paint. What a bear. But in the end I am actually pleased with the results. Here are two pics. Only to the owners eye can you detect two areas near the 4x4 and rear window knob that weren't sanded as much. But I didn't want to wear into the displays around that area. Anywho.. TADA!

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
looks good. i could have carbon fibered it for you. less pain in sanding. oh well looks good though nice job:D

paul h

yep, you had much more success then I did...

mines actually looking ok now with about 6 or 7 coats on it ...

Ill take a picture when i have it up.

Chris

I pulled mine out and hit it with a little 440 sandpaper,then adhesion promoter. I painted it and it turned out a nice blue. Ok it did not the first time. I had bought a plastic paint and it was blue til the sun hit it and then it glinted a bit too purple. I then repainted it with a metal flake blue._Ron

you have to prep it with sandpaper and then bulldog for the paint to set right and last weve had ours done for 4 years now