radio/speakers

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TJ, they way I read this your giving away your radio too??

If that is correct, I am positive you will have many that NEED it. I hope it goes to someone that truly needs it and not just wants it.

If so, very nice of you...

For a stock radio I think you'll be OK if you Load it with blank CD's, pack it in bubble wrap and place it in a box about the same size as the radio filled with newspaper or more bubble wrap and it should be good to ship without the bracket. I'm sure someone here will correct me if I'm wrong. I've done this once before and had no problems.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not to be flippant, but I had a radio shipped and received one that was heavily packed with newspaper and bubble wrap and both instances they arrived without damage. Not saying that it wasn't safe, just took care to wrap it with enough to secure it. BTW, both were the 6 Disc type and came all the way from MA and from NC. If you feel unsure, go to UPS or somewhere like that and ship it and put ins on it! Good luck!

TJ - if no one spoke up...I may be interested in the speakers. I blew my front passenger side speaker. Any ideas on shipping costs to 19468? I couldn't estimate without your zip.