rainy days

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paul H

Reaction score
rainy days really stink planned on putting on my new rims and tires today but its pouring here on long island. i guess i will try tomorrow. another day wont hurt me plus i get to stare at them in my house for one more day:D:(

Paid $$ to have a complete detail on the Trac on Wednesday, just in time for Friday and Saturday rains. I hate rainy days, too. :)

The good news, however, is that they rotary buffed the exterior, and it looks showroom. Don't need an 07 with my "new again" 04!

Nelson,

I did not. However, I am going to take it back on Monday or Tuesday (once this Thursday's weather is more certain - they are calling for "showers", but 30% can turn into 90% overnight) for a quick touch-up.

I will say, however, that when looked at in direct sunlight, I could only see a couple of very superficial scratches (the kind that you get even from waxing a black finish). They used a rotary buffer to take everything - water spots, swirls, scratches - out.

It's all part of this summer's modifications. I just got my hands on an AUX input for 04-05 SAT radios, and am going to hard install a Lowrance iWay 500c in the change tray area. A little rain will not damper my plans. :)

Last edited by a moderator: