Rancho are they stiff?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i dont have them but rancho have adjustable shocks so you can make them

as soft or as hard as you want.

also the monroe brand is popular and they are both equal.

im sure other people will let you know more on this subject stay tuned....:D:D

paul h:cool:

I have the Rancho RSX shocks. When I first put them on there was a drastic difference between the stock ones. I thought I made a mistake and went to a much harder ride, but I think they are great now. I think it was that the stock ones are so spongy, the new one felt too hard at first. Overall, I love em.

Gary D.

I'll agree with the last two guys. But I never felt that they were too stiff. The Trac has heavy duty springs because the Trac is heavy and it's rated for a 1,600 payload. The proper shocks for the Trac's suspension will feel a bit stiff as compared to the typical sedan. After all, the Trac is a truck and when properly setup, will feel like a truck.

after i install rancho 5000 on my 01 ST, i can tell the alot of difference in handling (stiffer ride). a week after, i did TT/SL. now, my ST is super stiff. but i still love the height :D

Its funny Rodger and I were just emailing about shocks. If you look at his recent post of suspension he tells all he has done to his Trac. I have the Rancho 9000's on the rear. I like them because I can adjust the way the backend feels. PLus I got a real good price on them._Ron