random fixes, some hope for cab roof trim replacements, and a nice cheap USB charger

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

parker_lansing

Supporting Member
1st Gen Owner
V6 Engine
4 wheel drive
Reaction score
What engine do you have?
V6 engine
What year is your Sport Trac?
What Generation is your Sport Trac?
1st Gen Owner
This has been an expensive summer. I thought I was almost done with the mechanical fixes, but my 2003 XLT 4WD suddenly started leaking coolant and oil. I'm still finding problems that the previous owner caused (cracked bell housing, jury-rigged brake lines, wrong PVC hose, missing ground straps, missing manifold bolts, missing intake bolts, missing hitch plate, makeshift wiring, radio incompatible with rear controls, etc.).

I'm so close to having a fully restored vehicle (pending a re-paint), but I'm exhausted and well beyond my budget for this project. Another $800 of hard-to-find NOS parts today. I feel like I'm scraping the bottom of barrel on new parts (and wallet).

Speaking of which, I'm working on a solution for those impossible-to-find rear cab roof trim pieces. I managed to find one NOS driver's-side piece, and I dropped it off to a 3D printer who is working on a CAD replica for both the driver and passenger side. He prints carbon-fiber replicas, so we'll see how that turns out.

Also, I highly recommend this cigarette lighter adapter for USB phone charging: AINOPE PD 36W cigarette lighter adapter: USBC / USB charger

Last edited:
i have one similaer USB charger in my trac and it's works very well.
I was initially worried about it being "always hot" (there is a blue LED that is always on), but I haven't had any issues with battery drain in the month that I've had it plugged in.

Latest posts