Random Technology Y-Pipe

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If the shop actually knows what to look for (most do Not) In kali without the front cats, you will fail the visual and not be tested.

Zach,

The R/T yipe and cat are both direct bolt-on parts, made to fit the Sport Trac in direct replacement of the OEM y-pipe and cats.

And Bill's right, if you're going to have everything apart, it's a good idea to install a new y-pipe to cat gasket.

No, it doesn't matter. Trust me, it's a direct-fit, direct replacement for the OEM y-pipe, and bolts right up to the OEM cats. I've done it myself, and it was a piece of cake!:banana:

Zach,

The Cat has a 3 bolt flange on the front of it and the y-pipe has that same flange on the back. They meet perfectly...

IF you keep your STOCK cat you do not need new bottom bolts if the old ones come off good..

The Manifold bolts can be tricky... there are no gaskets at the manifolds..

THE ONLY issue is if buying the RT cat, it sometimes does not bolt up correctly to the stock pipe that goes to the muffler because of the stock 2.25 pipe...

We sell a special gasket that fits most applications for that....

Worst case you have a muffler shop just cut the flange off and install a new flat dougnut less type..

That should cost no more the $40.00 or so..

Todd Z

Zach,

Email George C from the Zabteck site... He deals with the exhaust customer service and sales..

[email protected]

Todd Z