Ready for First Road Trip in the Mazda 3

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nelson Atwell

Reaction score
I'll be visiting my brother in Roswell, NM starting Thursday. I haven't been out of town yet in this new car, so I am looking forward to seeing how this new car rides on a long trip.

I'm already loving the excellent gas mileage (I'm saving over $150/month in fuel costs). My morning commutes have been a lot more enjoyable as I am able to manuever through traffic much easier.

The hatch allows me to carry a pretty good sized load. So far the biggest was 12 bags of cedar mulch. My daughter likes the folding rear seats, since she can just toss her laptop into the trunk from the backseat when we stop someplace.

I've been surprised by the numerous compliments and questions I get in the parking lots when I go out. They've already exceeded the number I had on my two STs over a three year period. I wasn't interested in anything more than a more economical and fun car to drive, so it is a nice surprise. :cool:

[Broken External Image]:

Be careful, wednesday night a coolfront is supposed to hit us here in the Tx panhandle.Thursday morning it will be 34 degree's._Ron

I actually didn't know about the MazdaSpeed 3 until after I bought my car. They came out the next week. I probably wouldn't have been able to buy one as cheap as I got this one anyway. I was able to get a good price and since it is an '06 the warranty is 4yrs/50K miles. For '07 they dropped the warranty to 3/36 just like Ford's used to be.

stonemiser -- Where do you think my parents came from? They were the survivors. lol

[Broken External Image]:

Blackhat, thanks for the heads-up on the weather. Hopefully there is no snow, but if there is it just gives me some practice for the next two years in Poland. :D

MazdaSpeed 3 -- $23k for 263hp and 280 ft./lbs. of torque!

<embed style="width:400px; height:326px;" id="VideoPlayback" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://video.google.com/googleplayer.swf?docId=-4419161654186125621&hl=en"> </embed>

<embed style="width:400px; height:326px;" id="VideoPlayback" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://video.google.com/googleplayer.swf?docId=-4486523709677768965&hl=en"> </embed>

Last edited by a moderator: