Rear audio controls with aftermarket HU

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eric Pedersen

Reaction score
I am putting in a new cd receiver and was wondering if any of the rear audio controls will still work. . I'd like to keep them functional, especially the rear headphone jacks so the kids can listen to stoies and music on road trips. Any tricks to keep them active? The new HU is a Pioneer DEH4800MP if that matters. Thanks

pdrsn,

I bought the exact same Pioneer unit about 2 weeks ago. I thought about a lot of things before I purchased it, but for some reason the rear controls totally slipped my mind. I guess it's because I don't have a lot of rear seat passengers. Unfortunately I don't know of any way to keep them functional, but if you figure out anything please let me know.

pdrsn & Cory, I bought that same head unit as well about 2 months ago! I still haven't found a way to make the rear controls work with the new h/u either :(

Alright, I found this a while ago when i was looking to do the same thing with the steering wheel controls in an Explorer. This will also work with the rear seat controls.

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-kf6jSUsEyzV/cgi-bin/prodview.asp?search=pac&i=127SWIPS

made by

http://www.pac-audio.com/

Hope this helps!

Creef412

Heck, most kids always bring their own CD players or MP3 players, so the rear jacks/controls were pretty much worthless to me.

I really like the Pioneer unit so far. I'm picky about the details so I like how the green backlighting matches the dash lights in my ST, plus I have always had good luck with the Pioneer brand in the past.

I have mine hooked up to a Pioneer 6-disc changer that is mounted vertically in my center console. So really you can have 7 CD's at a time, 6 in the changer and at the push of a button you can change modes and listen to the CD in the head unit. :)