Rear brake rotors/pads for 04

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FlipTrac_511

Reaction score
I'm having a hard time finding rear brake rotors and pads listed for the 04 2WD. Will the front ones listed for earlier Tracs work on the rear on mine?

Last edited by a moderator:
The rear brake pads have not changed from 03... 01 and 02 where drum rears. The 03 and 04 are the same..

You have disk in the back. And the fronts will not fit...

Todd Z

Just did a search via Autozone. They have them...

BRAKE ROTOR - REAR for a

2004 FORD TRUCK EXPLORER SPORT TRAC 4WD

Item Part

No.

Warranty Core

Value Unit

Price Availability

Store Web

DURALAST 54114 2 YR $52.99

BAER_DECELA

PAIR 54114-020 3 YR $274.99

DECELA ROTOR

DRILLED AND SLOTTED

I know the 04s and 05s have discs all around and the 01s and 02s had drums, I just wasn't sure about the 03s. And the only thing I kept coming up with were front rotors and pads for the 03 (or earlier). Thanks for the info thusfar. Coastiejoe, thanks for that info, but I have 2WD and I'm under the impression that 2WD and 4WD also use different part nos.

edit: I just checked out the Autozone site and it does list parts for the 04 2WD. Thanks for the heads up!

03 up have rotors all the way around.

I am sure there are other suppliers. I just checked them as it was an easy search..

I think eventually I will order a full set from our sponsor, Explorer Express. I've read good things about the Powerslots and the Performance Friction pads. Again, they don't specifically list parts for the rear of an 04 2WD. Will the 95-01 Explorer rotors and pads listed on the EE site be compatible? Also, there are two pads per hub right?

The rear barkes are the same for the 1996 to 2001 Explorer's also. The same goes for the rear rotors on the 2001 to 2003 Explorer Sport. They are identical.

Tom

Thank you gentlemen. I will be inspecting my brakes in the near future and if there is reason to replace or upgrade anything I will most likely shop at EE. Actually, I've been satisfied with the stocks' performance, but I hate the lack of feedback during mid-travel of the brake pedal. Hopefully new pads and/or rotors will cure this.

Latest posts