Rear Diff fluid change

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adam Yee

Reaction score
I called the local dealership to inquire about how much they charge to change the fluid in the rear diff of my trac.... just the rear.

Now, i've heard of needing a conditioner to be added if you have the limited slip... i do not have LSD.

The cost to change the fluid was 240cad. is that high? isn't the fluid like 20 dollars? and it should be a fairly easy job is it not?

I hope so, cause I think this may be another weekend of maintenance in my garage.

My rear was done under warranty at the dealer, the breakdown was close to $180 US...

Todd Z

That's really is a rip-off. Do it yourself and it will cost about $10 for lube ; $5 for sealant to replace the rear cover and about one hour of your time.

Do it yourself.

;)

or better yet, buy the lube and then use that at your local lube-x or quick lube or whatever you have, my local one will suck out the old stuff and put in new for 25.00 and that canadian... i think you said your from calgary before so go to a lube-x.

Latest posts