Rear Drive Shaft for 2007 v8 4x4 - Fort Wayne or Dorman

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gtrinker

Reaction score
I've searched the forum and found a couple of posts about the rear drive shaft being non serviceable. Mine needs to be replaced and the part is not possible to find. One dealer told me end of March, but that hasn't materialized. I was going to go the junk yard route, but want to avoid the carrier bearing issue on a used one. I will likely go non-OEM. I saw a few posts about Fort Wayne and a few about Dorman. I'm leaning towards Fort Wayne. I'm sure they know what I'll need, but the part numbers seem to be: 7A2Z-4R602-N, 7A2Z-4R602-G, 7A2Z-4R602-D -- looking to confirm those. Also happy to hear about other options as this is not my primary drive and would love to keep the cost low. Thanks!

I have one from Fort Wayne Clutch and have been very happy with it. I have the one that you can replace the u-joints or carrier bearing if needed. To me if you are going to keep your truck, I think it's the way to go. They are very well built and heavy duty. They are more money, but you know how it is you get what you pay for. Not sure how much shipping would be I am lucky I work here in Fort Wayne. I have got a lot of parts from them over the years, and they have always been great to work with.

Thanks. That was not available here. Mine unfortunately is made on China. Would prefer one made in North America. Hate that. The best my repair shop that installed it could do was over $1200 Can for the part alone. They charged me $300 to install the part I sourced. Saved over $700. It’s guaranteed for a year. Seems fine now. Repair guy said it was good but it did not come with the bolts.

Wow my truck drives so well with the new drive shaft. I think it had got progressively noisier more vibration and I had gotten used to it. Thought I had a rear bearing issue

Latest posts