Rear Driver Side Power Window

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Coming home today I pressed the master switch to lower the windows and all worked. I got home and raised them up, but the rear driver side window wont go up. I have had this prob before on the pass window rear, and you guys came thru in a big way.....i.e. slammed the snot out of it. That didnt work this time...lol....it will down using rear switch...not up at master or rear door....thanks for any and all help...Shannon

The common denominator seems to be the master switch on the driver's door. I'd say that's going bad, and needs to be replaced.

~ $95 plus shipping from site sponsor Torrie.

Thanks train...so u dont think it is the motor? iI was pondering drilling out the rivets on the motor just to get the window up...but now I am second guessing myself..lol

The fact that you said you have had a similar problem in two different doors is what leads me to believe that it's the master switch.

Open and close the door a few times and then see what happens...

Seems to be a common issue with the wire harness and or motor in that door...

Thanks to both of ya....i slammed the door and I mean slammed the door a few times, and that didnt work. I am gonna check the Ford House across from work in the morning about the switch and pray it doesnt rain...thanks again guys

got to playin with the rear door, i.e. taking only stuff apart that I knew I could reassemble. The back side window is down all the way now (by accident) and I can hear a clicking sound when pushing the rear button....but no click from the front master switch. I got the jobber price at the Ford house across from work and it is $71 including tax for the master switch, $100 with tax for the motor. Any more ideas. Thanks guys ..Shannon

Latest posts