Rear rubbing noise while making hard U turns: Is this problem end links relatted?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brian b 2

Reaction score
I have squeaks/chirpping noise when ever I go over bumps, and someone mentioned in a separate post that is caused by end links. I also have this rubbing noise (sounds like it's coming from the rear wheel well) when I make a sharpe U turn. Is this related to end links as well?

Thanks in advance,

Brian

Is the rubbing only turning in one direction or both? If it is just one side, the bed of your truck could be misaligned. If it is both, then it could be caused by oversized tires (You didn't say if you had added bigger ones). It could also be caused by weak shocks and/or weak swaybar which would allow your truck to lean too much into turns.

Many factors to consider really. Perhaps more details about your truck would help someone here to narrow it down.

NelsonOKC,

I have OEM factory tires. It only does this when I make a left turn. The shocks were replaced about 2 months ago with Monroe Sensatrac.

If it only does it on left turns with OEM tires your bed is misaligned. I had the exact same thing. Turning a hard left would cause the passenger rear wheel to rub on the wheel liner. Measure how far your bed sticks out on either side from your rear window. If I recall, mine was out about 1/2 an inch further on the passenger side causing the rubbing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Could also be the rotor or drum rubbing the backing plate, there was a TSB on that also.

Todd Z