rear window control option

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jerry Abson 3

Reaction score
Weird question, and couldn't find the same in a search.

what are the posibilities of replacing the vent / all open controls for the back rear window with a more operable one? Like on a side window?

Before everyone jumps on the "safety" issue with this, the answer is Yes it can be done..... Some one did it by modifying the motor....

Todd Z

Unplug motor without re-initialization? Please follow up if you try this, whether it works or not.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've often wondered the same thing. What makes that window so different from the other 4 in the truck that it needs this special "safety" feature? They could have made it work like the sunroof so it stops where ever you let go of the button.

Thanks Todd! And if anyone can figure it out, that would be awesome! As for the safety feature. My sons 13, daughters 17, if they are still too dumb to NOT stick their head in the window while I roll it up, then maybe a little brain / neck / body squeeze will do them some good. And while I am thinking about it, why wouldn't I be watching it roll up to be sure its safe and stop it before it crushes them?

Latest posts