Rear window weatherstripping came loose

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robert Hare

Reaction score
Part of the exterior weather striping on my rear cab window dropped down inside panel. Any idea how to fix? I've limited my use of the sliding window so as to not make it any worse.

Do I need to open up to fix? If damaged is it possible to get a new one? And yeah I know - "Wash Me"

c31f2c9369ed3ae37c2cb6a3d15a90be.jpg

a0880936900c41d456e466675f9291e1.jpg

Thanks in advance, Robert

Last edited by a moderator:
Does this help?

I had that problem- in fact it caused so much resistance it jacked up my programming of the rear window, wouldn't ever go up. I had to remove it just to program the window properly. I have still yet to try and put it back, I think (hope) I still have it.

sws - Thanks, it does help. Although I don't know what he was talking about with the interior trim panel. Pulling it in doesn't really help. And not much room to work. To get the weatherstip back in I'll probably have to build a couple little tools to push it back in the track.

Kyle - I'll try to post some pics. I worry about too much rain getting in there and hurting the electronics. The whole thing is all one piece, a real pain to work on. The outside trim looks like it's part of the whole assembly.

Also, for what it's worth, it may help to keep the window coated with rainx and clean the weather stripping clean. It may help it from pulling out again. We'll see, have to get it back in first.

Had that happen some time ago. Was able to glue it in with a weather strip adhesive. Tricky but can be done with the window down.

Latest posts