rear window

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Travis Stevens

Reaction score
ok so a while ago my rear window started acting up but i ignored it for as long as i could... now that it is nearing winter in NEPA i want to fix it. whats happening is the rear window will go down fine it will vent fine but when i turn the knob to go up nothing happens. i know its not the motor because otherwise the window would either not go up or down at all... im 99% sure its the switch that is causing the problem... so does anyone know the part number or where to find a new switch to replace this one so i can get it working (its the one that is in the dash next to the radio). thanks in advance :supercool:

So, has your window just been down???? If not how have you gotten it to go back up? Will it go down and then back to the vent position?

Ok so it goes up to the vent position and all the way down but the up feature does not work i have wind guards on all my windows so no rain gets in. So basically i just keep it in the vent position and the wind guard acts as a drip shield and keeps the water out

It seems someone else had a problem with this window and there was some way to reset the computer or the window motor program.

Have you tried looking in the projects section???

I do not have an ST manual, but if another member does maybe they can find the procedure to reset the portion of the computer that controls the window.

Also when the window is going up, slight pressure on it will cause it to automatically go down. This is to prevent accidental choking of a dog or child. Does your window respond to this action???

Hopefully a member with a manual can help.

Dennis