Rear Window

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
*bump* same thing happened to me i replaced the motor and the switch... and it wont let me get even halfway through the initialization process...

Try "Position Recovery Mode" 2001 Owners Manual (Page 26)

If you really want to get into trouble shooting..

the 501-11 part of the manual will help you trouble shoot..

but you will need to do the reset procedure every time you unplug the motor.

http://www.mysporttrac.com/shared/memberlib.asp?view=&folder=2001%20Manual

http://www.mysporttrac.com/shared/faq.asp?VIEW=124&PageHeader=Frequently%20Asked%20Questions

Here are the steps from the Shop manual:

1: Start with the ignition key in the OFF position

2: turn the ignition Key to the ON position

3: Press the rear glass control switch vent button 6 times 4: Turn the ignition key to the OFF position

5: Press the rear glass control switch vent button 6 more times

6: turn the ignition to the ON position. at this point the rear window will move up and down approximately 20mm (0.8 in). this movement signifies that the rear window glass motor has entered into the initialization mode

7: NOTE: the rear window glass control switch must be held in the UP or DOWN position until the window glass stops moving. failure to hold the switch will end the initialization operation. then the initialization will have to be re-started.

Hold the rear window glass control switch in the full UP position until the rear window glass stops in the full up position

This is taken right from the Ford Sport Trac Shop Manual for a 2001 Page 501-11-111 This needs to be done anytime the motor or switch is disconnected.

I'm having the same issue in my 2010 Limited. I asked the local Ford service guys about it last weekend when it was in for transmission work, and they said it didn't happen for them and couldn't provide any info.

Mine comes on in spurts. Several times a week, then nothing for a week. Restarting makes it go away every time.

Latest posts