Reason I put this Q under this Category?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Wilson

Reaction score
How many of you are aware of just HOW MUCH of our land and real estate, not to mention

business entities, are wholly owned, and thereby controlled by foriegn governments?

Our Country is "Mortgaged Out"!!!!

And I'm not just referring to the plants that Toyota, Honda, and Nissan own (Oh, and

by the way, Kia, Hyundia, and Geery/China LTD.,also) in this country!

I'm referring to the three biggest banks in this country, and also and Yellowstone National

Park! The foriegners have put in an (order) for Orders, our Government has given them

a Price, the Financing has been done by our Government, who is the Dealer, also!!!

I'm still "Bookmarking" the "I Told You So" page...;)

Yellowstone is not owned by a foreign government. There are some mining claims owned in the area, but the National Parks system still owns the park. Also, half of the land in Wyoming belongs to the federal government.

It is true that China is the largest holder of US treasury bonds. China and other countries finance our debt, just as we finance other countries' debts. US corporations also own land and businesses in other countries.

How many of you are aware of just HOW MUCH of our land and real estate, not to mention business entities, are wholly owned, and thereby controlled by foriegn governments?

This statement is misleading at best. Just because an entity is wholly-owned by a foreign company, it does not mean that entity is controlled by a foreign government. Our government does not control operations of our companies that operate overseas, so it works the same with other countries. In addition, companies that operate here must still comply with US rules and regulations.

Foreign investment isn't a bad thing. It creates jobs and stimulates the economy.

Besides, if we get pissed off enough at a particular country we could always 'nationalize' their holdings and just take it over. Many foreign countries have done that to property US companies controlled overseas.

Trac, why not just start buying guns and start your own compound in the hills in TN? Your somewhat coming off as a "chicken little" xenophobe as of late.

TJR