redline products?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not yet, but I'm building up a motor that'll end up being pretty hot (literaly) and I'll be running water wetter to help the cooling system. Why are you thinking of using the WW? The injector cleaner i get, but no one really has an ST engine that would really benefit from WW, or <i>just</i> WW I should say.

From what I've seen and heard, Redline makes some good stuff, mainly aimed at racers.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've used Redline water wetter for years. It's in my ST right now (more for the water pump lubricants that anything).

I've been using their synthetic transmission fluid in my Corvette for 8 years,

I also use their fuel stablizer in my lawn mower gas.

You might want to rethink using the Water Wetter or anything like it. Per MSDS, it contains Tolyltriazole PolySiloxane Polymer. This stuff can coat the entire cooling system and short of dynamite, it isn't coming out. It has been known to slim a cooling system. Any failure on its part and figure on replacing the entire cooling system- radiator, hoses, any metal or polar pieces, and heater core. It works by reducing the water vapors on hot spots in the engine. It is not intended to be a complete heat reducing agent and does not function as such regardless of user claims. Redline makes some great products. In my opinion, this isn't one of them. For the injector cleaner, I would suggest the Ford recommended Chevron Techron. It won't hurt the emmissions system and has been tested and approved by Ford.

http://www.redlineoil.com.au/Uploads/Downloads/MSDS%20WaterWetter%20Euro%207_01.pdf

Your engine and my .02

Your mileage may vary.

Last edited by a moderator: