remote start stopped working

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Endrizzi

Reaction score

I tried to use the factory remote start on my truck today, and it didnt work

the truck tries to start, i hear the ignition, fuelpump etc turn on, but no turning over.... it tries a few times then just turns off

when this is happening the Theft light is blinking rapidly

any ideas? its worked fine for the last 2 years

:banghead: electrical

Sounds like something is up with the PATS bypass. Take it in to your dealer or the shop where you had it installed.

Mine had quit working once as well. It turned out that somehow I had gotten the autostart in the valet mode. It would only beep the horn 5 times and refuse to go in to the start mode.

Rod

started opening it up to look for broken wires, or anything not attatched.. didnt find anything.

Going to look into getting a new pats bypass. The remote starts work if i leave my spare key in the ignition, so i think that is the issue.

I tried to reprogram it, using the two existing keys, but no success, so i think its fried..

I looked at all the fuses, and they looked ok.

Its been years since this happened, but I remember something along the lines that the antenna was wrapped around something in the steering/ignition area and that it had come loose and thereby PATS was not detecting the override. It was back in 2002 so I don't really remember it all too clearly....and maybe the dealer was making it up, lol.

Latest posts