Remote start

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I want one, but it is a SPECIFIC one that goes with the iPhone...

And Verizon does NOT have the iPhone as of yet....

Enjoy it..

"I want one, but it is a SPECIFIC one that goes with the iPhone...

And Verizon does NOT have the iPhone as of yet...." Huh? remote start by cell?

Got the factory remote on my truck and LOVE it, especially with all this cold weather we've been having. :smile0004:

Stad95GT,

Yep... Link for your reading pleasure.

Also, it has been discussed here as well, will do a search in a moment..

1a93f393af083eb64cc0dd5e11be7efe.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
What's the big deal? I got in my Trac after sitting all day at zero degrees. It fired right up, and the seat heaters quickly warmed my buns.

Remote start seems pretty wasteful to me, and I am not even an environut.

Gavin, I live in the snow belt and park in a garage. But,,, when I go to work and fly off for a few days and we get a snow storm, it is VERY nice to have my vehicle running if for no other reason to get some heat on the glass to help me clear the snow and be on my way.

I am anal about snow on my vehicle, I clean it down to the the polish on the metal. When someone passes me the other way and is a virtual snow machine it torques me off. No respect for others, you can't see their lights. The road is dangerous enough without adding one more jerk to it...

Adrnln,

You are correct. That said, I do own a 32 gig iTouch. However, I do not care to stop, log into the airport Wifi, then send the signal to start the car. I am wanting the full time 3G service..

It will get here in the near future I believe, (hope)...

SOOO you kno that smart start system cost close to $1000 installed if you want a security system on it aswell bout 700 with out the security...

$599.00 installed if you do not have an applicable Viper system already. If you do, then the add on module is $299.00

Best Buy sell the kit for $499.00 and you can install it yourself if you so desire. Which I am capable of doing. But for $100.00 I would let them just in case there was an issue with the product down the line.

$29.00 a year for the service contract

um... at best buy the price of the system install is included

all you have to pay for is the bypass and the install for the bypass...

i get to sell these all day...

Latest posts