Remote start

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greg Lovell

Reaction score
Hello, I am looking to put a remote start system in my ST and was wondering what product other people are using? It sucks going out when its 20 below to start your vehicle. :cry:

my 03 has the Viper remote start with early warning..... Don't know if that is still made...

I like the one that has the indicator keypad But with the loud exhaust i know it is running...

I also like the window features and the option to roll them up or down with the remote...

my 04 had an audiovox system and my 2010 has the Ford system..

Todd Z

My 2003 Also has a VIPER auto-starter with Alarm. IT works great. and If you have an android, iphone, or blackberry, you can actually install the equipment in your ST and download a free app to use your phone to start, turn-off, and open and close your truck

I have the 2gen 2-way Viper 779 security system with alarm.

It's my this is my 4th auto with a Viper remote start in the last 12 years or so, not one issue.

The dealer even replace a control module, under warrenty after a really bad wreck, for free.

Although I believe the repair shop fried it and it's didn't go bad.

Believe it or not but you can get the upper end system installed at Best Buy, and take advantage of there financing offers.

That's what I did with the wife's Ranger Edge, plus installed teh head unit and XM, I still installed the speakers. lol

I'd go with the Viper 5701 Responder.

Not sure how the SmartStart system works, but sounds pretty cool.

I JUST installed the Viper SmartStart system.

Cost some money but it works GREAT.

I start my vehicle with my phone. For me, I fly 5 days a week, the moment I touch down I start my ride if it is pretty cold out. If just chilly I do it when I step on the shuttle bus headed to my lot.

If you have a Viper alarm, you can add the module needed to use your cell for 200 bucks.

Latest posts