Removing front tag holder

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Denise Hayes 2

Reaction score
In La. we are not required to have front tags, could someone please assist me on taking the front tag holder off? There are 3 plastic plugs I'm assuming just pop out, but not sure how to do it.

Just pull.. Most say they ran into something and it just popped off. I've been meaning to take mine off for a while but I haven't found anything to plug the holes up that looks good. there will be 2 small holes in your front bumper. Hope this helps.

They are plastic wedge rivits....

If you can grab the center pin with needle nose pliers and pull that out of the rivet first then remove the rivet with the plires...

You can just simply pull hard enough, but that can cause scratches if it doesn't come right off...

Todd Z

Thanks, I got it off with no problem. Gonna look tonight for something that will plug the holes thats paintable. I'll let you know when I find it.

Go to any retail type auto parts store and find the hardware section. They should have some black body plugs in different sizes that you can pop in...

I've been thinking about doing the same thing on mine.......can someone take some pictures so I can see how noticeable the holes are? Did it chip the paint when you pulled the wedge rivits out?

I really want to do this but don't want to do more harm than good.

If you are concerned about pulling on the rivits and causing damage simply slip a razor blade (carefully, LOL) under the heads and slice them off.

Red,

Here's a pic of mine with the tag holder off. You can see where the holes were, just below the safari bar. I painted the plugs grey to kinda match the bumper.[Broken External Image]:

Latest posts