Removing Headliner

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris Kulbaba

Reaction score
Anyone know if the headliner is simple to take out? Like is it all just snap in the plastic pieces around it, or is there removal of screws, etc involved in the pillars and stuff?

I know I have to remove the handles, and the lights, but other than that, is it all snap on/off?

Thanks!

I cant wait to show you all what ive been up to with my ST... Even I am blown away haha...

There are some retainer clips that can be pulled out with a pair or pliers, or even turned so as to allow the headliner to be removed. Just be careful, it's big and you don't want to bend it.

Yeah, I want to add some sound deadening behind there...

Since i have modified the rear seats to 40-SUB-40 I have no room for my new amp... SOOOO... Im planning on putting it on the roof between the front, and rear interior lights...

Just trying to see if I can make it strong enuff somehow as well...

When my dad and I installed the sunroof in my truck we took the entire headliner out. You have to remove most of the trim pieces around the headliner, which snap out pretty easily, along with the lights on the roof. Just fold the seats all down (lay the front ones as far back as they will go), and with all the doors open, you should have no problem manuvering if out the passanger side front door. Once "de-trimmed", it doesnt take very long at all and is actually pretty easy. There is nothing holding it to the roof itself (aside from the lights and the trim). Putting it back in is just as straigh forward. If a corner gets a little bent it's no biggie...once back in place you cant notice it. If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

-Mike

How is that moonroof working? I will be installing one in my car and the last one I have will be sold on ebay.

Tom

Hey Tom...the moonroof is working great! Absolutely NO leaks (I've put it through MANY tests) and all works great. If it's not raining out, I have it open. Good luck with installing yours and keep me updated!

-Mike