Removing the gauge cluster lens

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Emory

Reaction score
MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!! I need your help. I need to removed the gauge cluster lens. When cleaning the exterior portion of the lens, I used a aerosol glass cleaner. The aerosol pressure forced some of the cleaner inside the lens where it has dried and looks terrible! Crazy, right? I do no wish to destroy the chrome ring that holds the lens in place by not knowing what I'm doing. I have the plastic interior removal tools that I've used to remove door panels, etc. So if any of you have worked on your gauges, etc and had to remove this lens, please tell me how to remove the chrome and subsequent beauty ring that appears to hold it in place. Thank you!

you have to remove the whole top dash cluster cover above the steering wheel and gauge cluster. Remove the lower panel first, then the top, then all the screws and wires holding in the cluster... then un screw the gauge cover. BTW you can get that part separate.

you have to remove the whole top dash cluster cover above the steering wheel and gauge cluster. Remove the lower panel first, then the top, then all the screws and wires holding in the cluster... then un screw the gauge cover. BTW you can get that part separate.

Thanks Todd. Question please: what did you mean by "you can get that part separate" ?
Sorry. Rushing. You can’t buy that part separately.

Thanks! Don't need any parts. Just wanna' clean that lens. I assume the "bottom" you mention is the plastic cover UNDER the steering wheel, correct? The top would be the entire section that runs from there to the windshield, and that correct also? I've had the bottom off when I installed the switch for my fog lamps. So I assume there are screws at the bottom to release the top cover, correct? Does the larger top cover simply snap out? Sorry for being so specific but i don't want to break something that I cannot replace. Thanks!

Thanks! Don't need any parts. Just wanna' clean that lens. I assume the "bottom" you mention is the plastic cover UNDER the steering wheel, correct? The top would be the entire section that runs from there to the windshield, and that correct also? I've had the bottom off when I installed the switch for my fog lamps. So I assume there are screws at the bottom to release the top cover, correct? Does the larger top cover simply snap out? Sorry for being so specific but i don't want to break something that I cannot replace. Thanks!
Oops! I see above your answered these questions. So please disregard.

From what I remember it didn’t take me long at all when I changed mine. It was just those couple of screws that you mentioned and the top is just a bunch of clips you pull up on.