Replace Front Facia? :-( .

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gavin Allan

Reaction score
I had a really bad day today. On the way out of the parking garage a 10" steel "I" beam column jumped out in front of me. I hit the brakes as hard as I could, but the damn wheels didn't even lock up (didn't feel ABS--was going about 5 MPH). Anyway, I did manage to nail the column wth my Trac. It put a nice crease in the front bumper facia :angry::angry::angry: (and a very minor chip in the clearcoat of the hood (whew!) :unsure:.

I'm thinking this front facia piece looks pretty easy to unbolt and bolt a new on on. Has anyone done this? Got any tips or suggestions?

I'm thinking I could get a new one, have it painted, and bolt it on myself.

Anyone know how much they cost? How much to paint?

Think I'd have any luck finding one at a salvage yard?

'03 Adrenaline 4x4, True Blue.

Will try to post some pics later.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't know about the price, but they are fairly easy to remove. I think one of the projects with installing a billet grille has instructions on how to remove it. I know we installed a grille at a meet last year, and it took maybe 10min to get the front off.

Write Coastiejoe an email, he will be able to tell you what salvage yards in your area will have one available.

I found one on e-bay, or I should say that a fellow site member found some on e-bay. I had it shipped to the left coast from Chicago on Amtrak. It was pretty cheap, less than $100.

[Broken External Image]:

Did a search. Found 14 listed in the Blue Color.

Lowest was $169 with a inch crack. Highest was $495 in perfect condition.

Found several at the $400 to $450 range in Blue.

Found some aftermarket for as low as $287.

Let me know..

Here's some pics:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Anyone think it can be fixed? Or will I need a whole new piece?

Last edited by a moderator:
That does suck rocks.

Sorry to see that it happened. If you want any information on the facia's I listed above let me know. I'll contact them direct and get confirmed details and price information...

Yes, I was going to look for your E-mail next, Coastie!

I'm not sure what the best route is here. I am very confident I can bolt/unbolt. I also have access to some vocational teachers who might fix it (or paint the new one) for cost or slightly above.

You said you found several for ~$400-450. Do you think these are in (like new) condition?

E-mail at [email protected]

Thanks

Gavin I have a crack in mine almost excatly where yours is except it's just in the painted piece below the grille. The prices for a replacement are too steep for me so I'm just going to try to fix it myself.

Gavin, the ones listed in the $400 to $450 ish range are listed as "000"'s and "001"'s. Which means they are in near perfect condition. That said, I never assume. Things like this are subject to interpretation. Is your perfect a nice flawless piece or is it the condition you expect it to be after being 3 or 4 years old, paint chip here, minor scratch there etc etc.

I will physically call a few of them today to confirm their condition and get a ruff price shipped to MO which is where your home is listed in your profile.

I'll email you with the information on Monday as that is when the shops will re-open....

OK?????