Replaced Endlinks--What a difference!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kevin Lang

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that the endlinks I just took off of my 2002 ST had been on there since 2002. They were the old type where the metal cylinder sticks out further than the endlink itself, with very degraded rubber bushings. I put on some new ones, with the cylinder flush with the endlink, from our site sponsor and the handling is so much better. I finally feel like I'm getting the most out of all the rear suspension upgrades I put on the ST; I thought the cornering was flat before, but this is a whole new level of performance. The sway bar & shocks have finally reached gestalt. The ride is noticiably harsher going over bumps than it was before, but I don't really find that a bad thing.

I also bought the Moog repair kit, but the endlinks I got from Ford looked almost identical to the kit's parts (and the bushings are definitely not rubber) so I didn't have the heart to trash the new endlinks.

Are you talking about the front or rear end links? All of the Gen 1 front end links use a plastic tube between the upper & lower bushings that the bolt goes through (do a site search). I strongly recommend getting the MOOG Problem Solver or Energy Suspension "front" end links & use poly bushings; then replace the sway bar to frame bushings with poly bushings.

:supercool: :driving:

Latest posts