Replaced my muffler...

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shawn stonbraker 2

Reaction score
Well, a year and a hlf ago I replaced the OEM monster muffler with a Flowtech Raptor from Napa for $20 + the cost of running the pipe straight out the back. Well the muffler itself sprung a leak already so I decided to replace it with a Thrush Welded muffler and WOW, what a difference in sound. It is now deeper and not a raspy. I thought the Raptor sounded pretty good, but I am very impressed by the Thrush sound. Alot meaner sound now and sounds really nice at WOT and idle. No dronning at cruising speed, even though I didn't have that with the Raptor either. Total cost to replace was $47. (muffler, 2 clamps, and a new hanger since the shop welded one of the original hangers to the system via one of the clamps);)

May try to get a recording of this one to go with the recording of the Raptor. I'll see what I can do.:)

TomT,

A muffler bearing would've cost another $50. Maybe he was trying to be frugal.:lol:

26fd85461088b6289ee14679f5ca9cef.jpg

Latest posts