Restore / Engine Restorer Lubricant

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dana Lynds

Reaction score
I have a 2003 2wd Sport Trac with 95450 miles and would like to know if I should add

anything like Restore at my next oil change which will be @ 100.000 mile club. Everything

is fine at the moment. Please advise. Thanks!

If your engine is in need of repair or rebuild, Restore will not help. If your engine is in good running condition, you don't need Restore

Don't believe all the hype you hear in commercials. Everyone is always looking for a cheap fix that does not exist. There is no magical pill or liquid you can add to an engine that can repair internal mechanical problems. Some may temporarily hide or mask the symptoms of mechanical problems, but they quickly return.

Since your engine seems to be running fine, why spend more money on something you don't need? If you are maintaining your engine with proper oil changes, etc, then 100K miles is not all that much mileage for modern engines.

...Richard

Know of any auto manufacturers that recommend oil additives? There aren't any; use quality oil and filters on a reasonable change interval and you'll get long life. Have your oil analyzed if you'd like to know more about your engine's condition. I've posted articles on AMSOIL synthetics and oil analysis in Projects section here. PM me if you'd like more information.

I use some SeaFoam for last few miles before every oil change and get great results. Have seen the inside of valve covers multiple times and are as clean as can be. The SeaFoam seems to really help break down anything and it all comes out.

Penzoil Ultra Platinum and Fram Ultra Synthetic for me for years has been great.

Thanks to all for the info. I haven't had any issues and change my oil every 5000 miles.

With Full synthetic.....

Then just keep doing what you're doing and it will be fine. If you've been changing with full synthetic every 5k I guarantee if you opened up the engine it would look like new inside.

Latest posts